Tnetennba: Meaning 1: To try and fail--only to discover that the failure was actually the desired outcome.
Classic Example:
A police sniper
shoots at a man in mask, but accidentally shoots the hostage. The sniper
later experiences a tnetennba when he is told that the perpetrator had
switched places with the Hostage in order to aid his escape.
A Modern Example:
They all wondered why I was pedaling so fast, when the closer I got to arriving before midnight, the
closer
I got to losing my shirt. I was under the mistaken impression that I
was supposed to arrive BEFORE midnight. I thought/hoped that I could
make it! Unfortunately, my wheel crossed the line just seconds after
midnight. I was heart broken when they interviewed me, so I could only
manage an angrily sarcastic, "Good morning." I'm not really proud of
that.
Then
I arrived to my team and rapturous applause. It turns out that I had
almost worked-so-hard myself into a loss. If there had been any
reserves I hadn't tapped, I would have shaved those few seconds. And
lost.
[upbeat] "Good morning. THAT's a nice tnetennba."
PS: That being said, who the fuck wagers on a rider to cross AFTER a specific time. It just doesn't make any sense. It seems like part of this story is "phoned in."
No comments:
Post a Comment